PelviCore Physical Therapy offers one-on-one treatment in a serene, therapeutic environment. Private changing rooms, soothing lighting and music, and calming décor promote patient relaxation and comfort.
State-of-the-art equipment, including cold laser, ultrasound, electrical stimulation and the latest technology in pelvic floor biofeedback/ electrical stimulation system, the Prometheus Pathway CTS-1500.
At PelviCore, every patient can expect:
- One-on-one quality and professional care
- Comprehensive initial evaluation (up to 75 min.) including thorough review of medical history and symptoms, diagnosis-specific patient education, detailed examination of the involved and surrounding body areas, and treatment tailored to your individualized needs.
- Educational materials to take home
- Individualized therapeutic exercise program, including home program
- Follow-up visits lasting 50+ minutes
Services Offered include:
(also called Intramuscular Stimulation)
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Re-education
- Strengthen weak pelvic floor
- Relax tight pelvic floor
- Soft Tissue & Scar Mobilization
- Custom-Molded Foot Orthotics
Pelvic Floor sEMG Biofeedback/
Internal Pelvic Floor Electrical Stimulation
PelviCore is proud to have it's very own support group for those suffering from Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (PFD) and Dyspareunia (Painful Sex). The group is by invitation only to PelviCore PFD patients after their initial evaluation in physical therapy. It is a place to connect with other women who are going through the same physical, psychological, and emotional problems due to their condition. The great advantage of this group is that it's a local group, so members can share information about local pelvic floor-friendly physicians, pharmacies, counselors, etc. Your membership can be totally anonymous or you can share your information as you'd like. You won't find better friends than those who truly understand what you're going through. Help each other...help yourself.
What other services can you find within PelviCore's facility?
Within PelviCore's facility you can also find the clinical psychology private practice of Amy Heard-Davison, PhD (www.hdpsychology.com) and the acupuncture private practice of Cynthia Pearson, RN, M.Ac (www.pearsonacupuncture.com). Both are excellent private practitioners whose contact information can be found on their websites.
PelviCore Physical Therapy 243 Church St., NW, Suite 100-B, Vienna, VA 22180 (571) 313- 5785